Sunday, May 11, 2014

Spring and Holidays!

How to make this edible centerpiece?
Simple! Mix some potato sticks into melted chocolate of your choice and press into oiled muffin tins. These are minis. I put Jordan Almonds inside. You can put plain blanched regular or marcona almonds, jelly beans, Cadbury's eggs...





This cake is the bomb. The Ganache is the bomb- I have used it a million times for everything including using it as my all time favorite macaron filling. The more you beat it the lighter it gets. I like it just lightly whipped. Or you can simply pour it over the cake.
Now, the cake. What I have found, and I will spare you all the details, is that you have to put precisely 375 grams of orange in. No more, no less. And use a level, not heaped, teaspoon of baking powder. You can actually measure the oranges before or after boiling. They will be the same despite looking bloated. Don't forget to remove the pits.
I have also used candied orange peel to decorate and frosted the sides as well. 
Did I forget to mention this fabulous cake is gluten free?


These are a classic. Rugelach. This is the nicest recipe display on the web, but please, omit the egg yolk! It doesn't belong in the dough. This dough is light, flaky and delectable. My preferred fillings are my favorite apricot or raspberry jam with chopped toasted walnuts. I add the chocolate mini chips for chocolate fiends, but they get in the way for my palate.


 I will also add that a silicon baking sheet greatly improves removing the cookies after the jam has leaked out and baked on...

No comments:

Post a Comment