Sunday, May 11, 2014

Chez Panisse Almond Tart by David Lebovitz... or a French Pear Almond Tart

Now I have been wanting to make this for a very long time. But who has time to babysit the entire process?? I am hard pressed to find this time. OK, make this time. But I finally did. Did it turn out well? Yes it did. Did I like it? Yes I did. Do I feel compelled to make it again.... not sure. Now that I have done it once, I am sure I could whip it out fairly easily, but I just don't think it is my favorite. It hasn't bumped any top picks out of their place. I should add that the response to the tart by family members who were lucky to share it was overwhelmingly fabulous. "This is the best thing EVER!" was exclaimed by more than one... but it's not the first time this was said. I may have to try this out on a broader audience. Once it is cut, cooled, and ready to eat remember it is not fork food. This is a pick it up and bite it like a cookie thing. Not complaining.
Make sure to cut it while still a little warm.






It continues to cook after removed from the oven!!

What do I love more? A good Pear Almond Tart wins my heart any day!

And David Lebovitz says that I can use canned pears with the same results??? This is mindblowingly fabulous! I haven't tried the shortcut yet, but I think I just might. 
His recipe is also great but uses almond paste which I don't always have on hand. I have done both and they are comparable. So either way will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment