Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pavlova, Wine Poached Pear Tarte Tatin!

There is something so simple about a pavlova. But the response to eating it is always extreme.
I didn't want it to be overly sweet- I mean the meringues take care of that. Lemon curd seemed so buttery and sugary. So I used Goya Passion Fruit puree and simply thickened it. I may have added just a touch of sugar. It was nice and tart and so perfectly complemented the meringues. Topped with whipped cream and a few berries and we were all in heaven.





Now once again I am  cooking with David... Lebovitz. He just seems to have the same ideas for delicious as I do. 
This Red Wine Poached Pear Tarte Tatin was both beautiful and tasty.
Once again, it did requite a bit of plan ahead preparation. But that's ok once in a while.








No comments:

Post a Comment