Saturday, June 7, 2014

Pineapple-Coconut Macaroons

Pineapple Coconut Macaroons

 

So after making the Baked Alaska for my father's birthday last night,


















I was somehow craving macaroons. This is the second time I have made this recipe... even in light of a new macaroon recipe to try I really like this one. So here they are. I managed to cook the pineapple  while prparing dinner all the same, so just know that this is not a high maintenance recipe.



I did decide to use fresh pineapple as they were so uncharacteristcally ripe, but truly it was a waste of my time and money. The canned was equal. So don't knock yourself out cutting, chopping and spending.



This first time I made them I imitated Lebovitz and made little cone shapes. This time I made them less pointy. I think round really appeals to me more, so next time will look more traditional.

The other point to note is that this time I used Bob's Red Mill unsweetened Coconut Chips, rather than shredded. I think it's a bit of a cosmetic/aesthetic preference, but I do quite like the larger chips for looks, the shredded seem a tad chewier.


 David Lebovitz Pineapple Coconut Macaroons Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment